A federal grand jury spurred by the hyper-partisan ‘the Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol’ of Nancy Pelosi’s House, has indicted Steve Bannon, former White House Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor to the President and campaign manager to President Trump for contempt of Congress. The two contempt charges stem from a subpoena issued by the committee on September 23rd.
However, President Trump’s legal counsel had already advised both Bannon and the House Committee that due to Trump exercising his executive privilege Bannon and his attorneys are under no legal obligation to respond to them. Rather than challenging President Trump’s assertion of privilege in court as appropriate (and where they would likely be defeated,) the committee instead chose to “reject” the assertion in writing and THREATEN Bannon with a criminal referral, which is precisely what happened next.
Steve Bannon team has fired off another letter to Jan 6 committee repeating that they will not cooperate citing Trump executive privilege claims. Letter obtained by @ABC below —-> pic.twitter.com/BU0F9MuFv0
— John Santucci (@Santucci) October 13, 2021
Indicted to Create Intimidation and Fear
Patriot United News reported, “Chairman Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS) announced on Oct. 14th that the Democrat-Socialists in power intent to “move forward” and seek Bannon’s prosecution.
“The Select Committee will not tolerate the defiance of our subpoenas,” Thompson said in a statement.
In full Thompson wrote, “Mr. Bannon has declined to cooperate with the Select Committee and is instead hiding behind the former President’s insufficient, blanket, and vague statements regarding privileges he has purported to invoke. We reject his position entirely. The Select Committee will not tolerate defiance of our subpoenas, so we must move forward with proceedings to refer Mr. Bannon for criminal contempt. I’ve notified the Select Committee that we will convene for a business meeting Tuesday evening to vote on adopting a contempt report.”
Thompson went on to threaten,
“The Select Committee will use every tool at its disposal to get the information it seeks, and witnesses who try to stonewall the Select Committee will not succeed. All witnesses are required to provide the information they possess so the Committee can get to the facts.”
Bannon now faces imminent arrest and if convicted could face “a fine and between one and twelve months imprisonment.” under 2 U.S.C. §§ 192, 194. Contempt of Congress.
As to the intent of the Democrat-Socialist hit-squad of Pelosi’s “committee”? The high-profile indictment is clearly intended to intimidate every other potential witness under subpoena into compliance so that Pelosi via Thompson can continue their vengeance-fueled crusade to de facto impeach Trump for the third time.
The list of subpoenas pending currently includes,
- Mark Meadows, former White House chief of staff
- Daniel Scavino, former White House deputy chief of staff for communications
- Kashyap ‘Kash’ Patel, former Defense Department official
- Amy Kremer, founder and chair of Women For America First (WFAF)
- Kylie Kremer, founder and executive director of Women For America First (WFAF)
- Michael Flynn, former Trump national security adviser
- Jason Miller, former senior adviser to Trump 2020 campaign
- Christopher Liddell, former Trump White House deputy chief of staff
- Stephen Miller, Trump senior adviser
- Kayleigh McEnany, former White House press secretary under Trump
- Nicholas Luna, Trump’s personal assistant
- Jeffrey Clark, former Department of Justice official
- John Eastman, an attorney who worked with President Trump
- Angela McCallum, national executive assistant to Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign
As Jack Posobiec of Human Events concluded, it’s Soviet Justice System. The next few days will show who among those subpoenaed have the steel in their spines necessary to follow Bannons example of non-compliance with an unlawful witch-hunt.
1. Set up an unlawful commission
2. Issue unlawful subpoenas
3. Indict anyone who refuses
– Soviet justice system
— Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) November 12, 2021