On Friday, May 28th Andy Ngô, a conservative journalist, Editor-at-large of The Post Millennial, and best-selling author of “Unmasked” the definitive investigative work on Antifa was identified and attacked by members of the extreme leftist terror group on the streets of Portland, OR.
Following news of the attack which left Ngô once again in need of medical attention and several nights of violence and destruction in the leftist enclave, the national scrutiny this brought to the Portland Police Bureau’s inaction bore fruit. More than two dozen suspected members of the far-leftist terrorist group have been arrested and charged in the last two weeks.
16 suspected antifa rioters have been arrested in Portland for crimes from assault to using explosives. Malik Muhammad was re-arrested on federal charges after antifa group @PortlandFreedom covered his $2.1m state-ordered bail. Read my new @nypost report: https://t.co/W1813gsL5u pic.twitter.com/EgIfSj8vKj
— Andy Ngô (@MrAndyNgo) June 7, 2021
The sudden about-face by the Multnomah County District Attorney likely comes as quite a shock to the violent Antifa rioters who have been given an effective “pass” from Oregon and Portland officials for over a year. Ngô himself wrote for The New York Post,
“The charges are a 180-degree turn for left-wing District Attorney Mike Schmidt, who last year dropped over 90 percent of riot and protest-related cases. In an interview with Willamette Week shortly before he entered office at the height of rioting in August 2020, Schmidt said: “I think that when you look historically at this nation, it’s during these protests when we’ve gotten some of the changes that we are proudest of in our nation’s history. And sometimes it took some property damage. It took more than just peaceful protests to get the government’s attention. I’m very mindful of that.”
Ngô Has Been A Frequent Target For Antifa Criminals
Dating back to approximately June 2019 Andy Ngô has become the standard-bearer for conservative journalists suffering for their work. Ceaseless, slanderous attacks of the mainstream media and the physical attacks of the left’s militant arm: Antifa and now: BLM have only escalated against him.
Ngô, explained to legendary Youtube political analyst Carl Benjamin AKA ‘Sargon of Akkad’ that the BLM and Antifa are at least to a certain extent: linked through their Leninist beliefs and aligned until after the 2020 Election since it has become less convenient.
He told Carl,
“There’s a lot in common obviously the hatred of the United States they’re wanting to abolish Police, hatred of capitalism, cross-pollination of critical race theory that Antifa has taken in. So they’re natural allies but ultimately these differences will lead to issues we’re seeing a little bit of it but I don’t think I’ll actually lead to really any significance like a break-up.”
Ngô’s first very public attack in 2019 resulted in serious injuries: swelling on the brain and serious lacerations when he was struck with a milkshake allegedly doctored with quick-mix concrete.
“Antifa wants me dead because I document what they want to stay hidden. The attacks against me and threats on my life are retribution for my work as a journalist, recording the tactics and true ideology of an extremist clandestine movement that relies on deception and regards the truth as the greatest threat of all. They want the right to hide their identities behind masks, and erase records of their arrests and alleged crimes. They want me dead for capturing these things and reporting on them. But it is the right of every journalist, protected and preserved by the founding fathers, to report freely without fear. I was forced to flee my home in Portland last year as the death threats escalated but returned recently to take care of my elderly family.”
no doubt in my mind I would not be here today. Their words, like their actions, speak for themselves. pic.twitter.com/mvMNcWKuJZ
— Andy Ngô (@MrAndyNgo) June 3, 2021
Take A Look At These Charges For The Antifa Rioters
- Maximilian Ryan Jennings, 23 felony riot, felony first-degree criminal mischief, and second-degree criminal mischief.
- James Walker Prettyman, 25 felony riot, felony first-degree criminal mischief, and second-degree criminal mischief.
- Thomas Moll-Rocek, 34 felony riot, felony first-degree criminal mischief, and second-degree criminal mischief.
- Nicole Aria Rose, 26 felony riot, felony first-degree criminal mischief, and second-degree criminal mischief.
- Darrell Anthony Kimberlin, 31 felony riot, felony first-degree criminal mischief, and second-degree criminal mischief.
- Jean V. Paris, 19 felony riot, felony first-degree criminal mischief, and second-degree criminal mischief.
- Kyle Martin Romstad, 22 felony riot, felony first-degree criminal mischief, and second-degree criminal mischief.
- Kai-Ave James Douvia, 23 felony riot, felony first-degree criminal mischief, and two counts of second-degree criminal mischief. Douvia has been arrested repeatedly for riot and caught a second criminal mischief charge for allegedly smashing the windows of a coffee shop in November 2020.
- Austin Nathaniel Nuchraska, 25 felony riot, and criminal mischief charges, Nuchraska is also charged with four counts of unlawful possession of a destructive device for his part in the January 20th riot.
- Sean Gabriel Lopez, 26 aka “Noshu” a local rapper, felony second-degree attempted assault, felony first-degree burglary, felony unlawful use of a weapon, and two counts of felony first-degree criminal mischief. Lopez almost hit a Portland resident with a rock thrown through their apartment window and threw another rock through a coffee shop window.
- Darren Ray Stephens, 36 was arrested for reckless burning and third-degree criminal mischief. However, prosecutors declined to pursue the charges. He is still looking at felony riot, theft, and burglary charges from a previous riot.
- Jarrod “Sofie” DeFerrari, 24 was arrested for carrying a loaded pistol and shotgun on a bus. She was also found to have additional ammunition, “restricted knives” and brass knuckles. She is also pending charges for smashing the windows of St. Andre Bessette Catholic Church during the November 4th riot.
A handful of the Antifa rioters were booked under federal charges (better late than never) related to the violent riots that exploded outside of the Immigration and Customs facility.
- Tracy Lynn Molina, 48 is charged with assaulting a federal employee, disorderly conduct and failing to comply with a lawful order. She has another two pending federal cases against her and was arrested at least eight other times at Portland-area riots last year. Seven out of eight charges from the Multnomah County DA were dropped.
- Malik Fard Muhammad, 24 according to The New York Post, is facing the most serious charge of the bunch “indicted on two counts of attempted aggravated murder, two counts of attempted first-degree murder, four counts of felony riot, two counts of unlawful manufacturing of an explosive device, unlawful possession of a firearm and possession of a loaded firearm in public.”
- Rowan L. McManigal, 19 was arrested with a hoax explosive device and allegedly pulled wiring out of the ICE building’s card intercom and card reader. He was charged with “conveying false information about possessing incendiary chemical agents on federal property.”
- Richard Timothy Hernandez, 56 is looking at three counts of destruction of government property. According to Court docs he chucked 74 rocks at the Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse and ICE facility over the course of three different riots. Damage from his serial rock-chucking exceeded $160k of the taxpayers’ dollars.
There have not yet been any arrests directly connected to the latest attack on Andy Ngô however, the timing of the sudden reversal in the District Attorney’s policy is highly suspect and suggests that the office was under pressure to respond to the extremes Antifa has taken. Although, this could merely indicate that the Democrat establishment entrenched in Portland have decided that the violent leftists have outlived their usefulness.
These Antifa types might do well to study what happened to Leon Trotsky after he stopped being useful to Stalin. Trotsky was assassinated in August 1940 in Mexico City by agents of the Soviet NKVD. History is filled with lessons of how socialist regimes dispose of their “useful idiots” when they’re done with them.