Facebook has officially designated the actions of Kyle Rittenhouse as “mass murder”, and vowed to remove any posts supporting him.
After being mobbed and attacked by rioters, Kyle Rittenhouse defended himself, allegedly shooting three people, killing two.
Author and YouTube commentator Mark Dice reported that he had received a message from Facebook threatening to suspend his account after her posted a video of Rittenhouse along with commentary. The video depicted Rittenhouse prior to the shootings offering medical assistance to injured protesters in Kenosha.
Facebook just removed a video I posted showing Kyle Rittenhouse offering help to a wounded protester in Kenosha and are threatening to delete my entire account. This was the video: pic.twitter.com/kXoUvQdTDS
— Mark Dice (@MarkDice) September 2, 2020
Facebook is now “threatening to delete my entire account,” Dice said.
A Facebook spokesman has confirmed that the company will be removing any posts they deem to be “in support” of Rittenhouse, because they consider the incident to be a “mass murder”.
The problem with that is, Dice’s post does not mention support for Rittenhouse. The post simply stated facts. “Newly uncovered video of Kyle Rittenhouse shows him helping an injured protester after she was struck in the foot with a projectile. In another video he told the cameraman that he brought a medical kit, which is the bag he was carrying. Further proving he had no malicious intent by showing up. In fact, he was there to help anyone who needed it,” the post said.
Dice reported that he had been deliberately careful when writing his post, since he had assumed that Facebook had already added Rittenhouse to its “dangerous individuals” list for committing “murder”.
According to Dice, his posts “were all very matter of fact about what happened. No praise, nor celebration, nothing like that because I figured that they added Kyle” to the dangerous individual list.