The mainstream media is whining once again, but this time they’re actually talking about something that matters: “Basement Joe” is acting exactly as conservatives predicted: he’s hiding from the tough questions.
The White House press pool has filed a formal complaint against Joe Biden for refusing to answer questions from the media about all of the various crises that have occurred under his watch.
The complaint from the press comes just after Biden met with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson in the Oval Office, in an attempt to mend the relationship after Biden’s disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan had created problems for the United Kingdom.
“[President] Biden and British PM [Boris Johnson] meet to discuss pandemic, trade and other issues. Johnson took 3 questions. White House aides shouted down U.S. attempts to ask questions. I asked Biden about southern border and we couldn’t decipher what he said,” tweeted CBS News reporter Ed O’Keefe.
IN THE OVAL OFFICE… @POTUS Biden and British PM @BorisJohnson meet to discuss pandemic, trade and other issues. Johnson took 3 questions. White House aides shouted down U.S. attempts to ask questions. I asked Biden about southern border and we couldn’t decipher what he said. pic.twitter.com/A86kgdfsuc
— Ed O'Keefe (@edokeefe) September 21, 2021
Steven Portnoy, president of the White House Correspondents’ Association, released a statement discussing the fact that he had filed the formal complaint over the incident to White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki.
“The entire editorial component of the U.S. pool went immediately into Jen Psaki’s office to register a formal complaint that no American reporters were recognized for questions in the president’s Oval Office, and that wranglers loudly shouted over the president as he seemed to give an answer to Ed O’Keefe’s question about the situation at the Southern Border,” the statement read. “Biden’s answer could not be heard over the shouting.”
“Psaki was unaware that the incident had occurred, and suggested that she was not in a position to offer an immediate solution,” the statement continued.
Portnoy also issued a request that Joe Biden hold a formal press conference to make up for continuing to ignore reporters’ questions, which happens quite often. Psaki’s response was to claim that Biden “takes questions several times a week.”
Of course, this is to be expected. White House staff are constantly covering up for Joe Biden, who is acting exactly like conservatives predicted: a senile old man who can’t handle the job he was (supposedly) elected to do. It just took the mainstream media this long to figure it out.
Portnoy and O’Keefe weren’t the only reporters lamenting the lack of transparency from the Biden administration. Several journalists have made statements about the issue and the various crises that Biden has yet to answer for.
Here are just a few:
- Ashley Parker, a reporter for The Washington Post: “Worth noting that Biden ran for office promising to restore democracy after 4 years of Trump. But today it was the British leader, NOT the American one, who spotlighted a key tenet of a flourishing democracy — respect for a free press — by taking questions from his press corps.”
- Stephen Miller, a reporter for The Spectator: “Joe Biden has not taken or answered a single question regarding the border, FDA boosters getting shot down and the drone strike that killed 7 kids. His aides shout down reporters and herds them out of rooms, and the press complies with them.”
- Jennifer Jacobs, a reporter for Bloomberg News: “Biden aides shouted over the president in the Oval Office, trying to prevent a back-and-forth between @POTUS and the press corps.”
- Andrew Restuccia, a reporter for The Wall Street Journal: “A chaotic scene in the Oval Office today as Boris Johnson unexpectedly took questions from British reporters, and White House aides shouted over American reporters as we tried to ask Biden questions.”
- Darren Grimes, a reporter for GB News: “Boris Johnson took two questions from the British press, President Biden refused to take any, domestic or international. I can well imagine the headlines if Trump did the same, he’d be decried as an ‘authoritarian’, a ‘fascist dictator’ evading scrutiny.”
Despite all of the outcry, the White House is acting as if none of this is happening. They are pretending that everything is fine, when it clearly is not. If they let Biden out of the basement to actually answer the tough questions, White House staff know that it won’t go well. But eventually, it will have to happen. Until then, they are just going to continue to prolong the inevitable.